The Lord enabled us be an encouragement to those to whom we ministered by overcoming our difficulties:-
1. One of our team, at the last minute, was not able to come, but another member was able to prepare the missing seminar whilst on the flight.
2. One member of the team had difficulty finding meals as vegetarianism isn’t really understood in the Philippines, but she always found something.
3. The week before we travelled, the regional Director of Education arranged a visit to Coron on the same 2 days as our conference. At first it was thought that the conference would have to be cancelled. In the end we shortened it to a day and a half on the Saturday and Sunday and moved the church service to the afternoon.
4. The teachers on Coron, though teaching in English, were much more fluent in Tagalog. It was a great help on this visit that Lynette came with us and was able to translate when the teachers looked puzzled.
5. Two of us discovered by the last day why we had had slightly upset stomachs and proved the cause by abstaining from drinking filtered water and only drinking bottled water.
We had many encouraging comments at the end of our conferences, e.g:-
God bless you,